The VE-PG3 is a Radio over IP gateway that has two primary function modes;one is the bridge mode which interconnects two or more radio over IP networks. The other mode is the converter mode which interconnects calls between connected IP phone, analogue phone and radio systems.
FEATURES (Bridge mode connection)
Bridge mode connection
The bridge mode simply bridges two radio systems over an IP network in a unicast transmission.
The mixing function mixes conversations from different bridge groups. By using the mixing function, unicast transmission can be relayed to a different radio group.
IDAS™ to analogue connection
The IC-FR5000 repeater series can be connected with the VE-PG3 via Ethernet cable (IP network) using the UC-FR5000 (#02 or #03) network board. The CT-24 digital voice converter is required for use with the VE-PG3.
IP multicast connection with SR-VPN1
When used with the optional SR-VPN1 VPN router, three or more radio groups are connected with an IP multicast transmission system in the bridge mode.
Cross band connection*
Cross band/cross category connection is possible between VHF/UHF land mobile, marine VHF and air band. Optional audio connection cables allow you to connect a transceiver or repeater easily.
* Subject to licensing conditions.
FEATURES (Converter mode connections)
The VE-PG3 has built-in RoIP and SIP gateway, IP router and IP PBX functions all in one box. The VE-PG3 can interconnect calls between the following connected users. Also the call diversion function redirects an incoming call to a third party user.
• Two Ethernet ports for connection to public (WAN) and private (LAN) networks
• Two FXO analog PSTN connection (LINE1/2)
• Up to four analog transceivers (TRX1/TRX2/ EXT1/EXT2)
• Up to two external devices (EXT1/EXT2; Shares the same ports with analog transceivers)
• One FXS analog phone station (PHONE)
• Up to 12 IP phone numbers
• Up to four IP phone stations
• Up to four digital transceivers (IDAS™ NXDN™ multi-site conventional/multi-site trunking system)
• Up to four remote communicator stations (RC-FS10)
IDAS™ NXDN™ connection
An IDAS™ radio user can dial to telephone numbers and connect to radio users from a PSTN line/IP phone line. IDAS™ individual calling and group calling can be made from other stations. The CT-24 digital voice converter converts analog audio and G.711ì IP phone codec (via analog audio) to the AMBE+2™ codec for the IDAS™ system.
Analogue radio connection
An analog radio* user can make a call using DTMF code. In the analog radio system, all radio users will be called from other stations.
* Limited to radios with DTMF encoder/decoder capability.
Remote communicator software, RC-FS10
The optional RC-FS10 remote communicator software can be used with an analogue radio system as well as the IDAS™ NXDN™ system.
* For analog radio system communication, the RC-FS10 must be used with the VE-PG3.
External equipment connectors
The VE-PG3 has two external equipment connectors for audio input/output, and other switching. Public address system, siren, red light, and other external equipment can be connected to the VE-PG3. The virtual serial port software allows you to control an external device via RS-232C interface.
Other features (Common to bridge and converter mode)
• Web-based configuration.
• IP router function: PPPoE/IPv6 bridge, NAT, Dynamic DNS, VPN pass through, IP fi lter, SNMP and SYSLOG.
USB flash drive connection for firmware update and data backup and restore.