Icom A220T - Coming Soon!
8.33kHz Airband Panel Mount VHF Radio
The IC-A220T is Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz air band panel mount transceiver. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer's celebrated IC-A210, is now TSO approved and can now be sold into European member state countries. This radio features a slim stylish design, a bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
White OLED Display and White Key Backlight
Operating information is clearly shown on the OLED display. The IC-A220T has a bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with a very wide 170 degree viewing angle. White characters on a black background clearly show easy to read operating information. With white key backlighting, the white OLED display matches in with a modern plane’s instrument panel. In addition, the auto dimmer function adjusts the display for optimum brightness, day or night.
8.33 kHz Channel Spacing
The IC-A220T allows switching between 8.33 kHz and 25 kHz frequency steps in the menu mode.
Easy Channel Selection
Selecting any of the memory channels in the IC-A220T is really easy. The “flip-flop” arrow button switches between main and stand-by channels. The dualwatch function allows you to monitor two channels simultaneously. In addition, the auto stack memory stores the last 20 channels used and allows you to recall those channels easily.
Automatic Squelch Function
The new automatic squelch function detects the signal level and automatically adjusts the squelch level to maintain a received call. The manual squelch function allows you to instantly adjust the squelch level. The squelch test function manually opens the squelch for testing.
12V/24V DC Power Source
The built-in DC-DC converter accepts a 12/24V DC power source. The IC-A220T is easily installed in most air planes or ground support vehicles.
The IC-A220T has a built-in voice activated intercom function allowing the pilot to talk with the co-pilot via the headset. The IC-A220T has adjustable audio level and squelch control functions.
GPS Memory Function
When connected to an external GPS receiver equipped with an airport frequency database, the frequency data such as nearby airports can be transferred and made available in the IC-A220T.
• 20 regular memory channels with a 6-character channel name
• 50 group memory channels (10 Ch × 5 groups) with a channel tag
• Dualwatch and priority watch functions
• One touch access to the 121.5 MHz emergency frequency
• Side tone function for monitoring your voice with a headset
• ANL (Automatic noise limiter) function reduces pulse type noise
• Remote control capability
• PC programming capability
• Dial lock and panel lock
• Slim 34mm (1.34 inch) height can be installed in a limited panel space
• D-Sub 25-pin industry standard connector for easy installation
• Two types of menu mode; settings menu and configuration menu