Icom F5122DD/F6122DD - General Purpose Data Modem
General Purpose Data Modem
A series of data modem radios which will allow businesses and other organisations to send data/information over a radio network. Icom's ‘data transceiver’, called the IC-F5122DD series allows point-to-point and point-to-multipoint communication. One radio can communicate with another radio or multiple units with individual, groups and all data calls.
The radio may also be useful for telemetry and low-speed supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA). The IC-F5122DD series uses either licensed VHF/UHF bands and delivers 25W of high output power from a MIL-STD rugged chassis. This general-purpose transparent data modem also features serial and Ethernet interfaces for greater flexibility, a data encryption function (500 codes) and 128 channels.
Applications The IC-F5122DD series will be ideal for the following applications: - Vehicle management (e.g. farming, airport ground crews) - Traffic monitoring (e.g. road/highway construction) - Remote system management for utilities (e.g. water plants, electricity meters) and oil (e.g. pipelines, well drilling)
- 9600bps (at 12.5kHz) and 4800bps (at 6.25kHz) data mode programmable
- RS-232 and RS-232 + Ethernet versions
- Fast data transfer using 4-level FSK modulation for real-time data monitoring
- 25W, 10W and 2.5W three-step RF output power
- BNC antenna connector
- Individual, group and all calls
- Data encryption function (500 codes)
- Memory channel selection via PC control command.