The IC-F5400/F6400D is a new generation of digital mobile radios from Icom. This new series incorporates cutting edge design, superb performance and a comprehensive range of features on a flexible, upgradable multi-protocol platform. The series is available in both VHF and with UHF with either a numeric or full colour high resolution LCD. Three mobile installations are available to suit almost any vehicle application.
Four versions Available
The IC-F5400/F6400D/DS Series is available in VHF and UHF with two different versions available to suit different customer requirements.
• Numeric – IC-F5400DS (VHF) /IC-F6400DS (UHF)
• Full colour display – IC-F5400D (VHF) /IC-F6400D (UHF)
Multiple Controller Configurations
Three types of controller configurations are available to suit almost any vehicle application or installation. An intercom function is available between controllers and/or COMMANDMIC.
• Detached Controller*
Optional RMK-5 and separation cable required.
A detached controller head with the separated RF unit is simple to install in almost any vehicle.
• Dual Head Controller*
Optional RMK-7, hand microphone and separation cables required.
Suitable for double cab vehicles. Install the controller head to front and rear seats respectively.
• COMMANDMIC™ and Detached Controller*
Optional RMK-5, COMMANDMIC, HM-218 and separation cables required.
The COMMANDMIC is handy for installing a work platform on the rear part of the vehicle.
* Detached Controller, Dual head and COMMANDMIC configurations are for IC-F5400D/IC-F6400D only.
High-Resolution Colour LCD (D Version)
The high-resolution trans-reflective colour LCD provides great visibility in both natural and vehicle lighting. Functions and menu items are clearly labelled and are easy to read. A night mode LCD setting is an available for use at night or in low lighting conditions.
ANC (Active Noise Cancelling) Technology
The ANC assists in providing clear communication, cancelling out undesired background noise.
Digital Voice Recording
IC-F5400/F6400D/DS series can record incoming and outgoing communications, and replay recorded communications. When a 32 GB microSD* card is used, a maximum of 500 recording hours is possible. The recorded audio is saved in “wav” format, allowing it to be replayed on the radio or a PC.
* MicroSD card is required separately.
Built in GPS Receiver
Position data can be sent with ‘voice call’ or ‘status call’ and can also be used with an AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location) system. The GPS log functions logs user position data at regular intervals and can be saved to a microSD card. The radios can show direction and distance to another radio or specified point and can notify you with a beep sound if the target is in the specified range.
* For mobile radios, an optional GPS antenna, UX-241, is required separately.
The built-in Bluetooth module provides remote operation and hands-free communication paired with a third-party Bluetooth headset*. When connected with Bluetooth telemetric devices or PC terminals, data or files can be wirelessly transferred.
* Available functions depend on paired Bluetooth devices.
The IC-F5400D series is compatible with IDAS digital conventional mode and analogue FM mode with auto sensing function. The radios can be upgraded to NXDN Type-D multi-site trunking mode with a license key.
* Requires licence key upgrade
The radios can notify channel number, zone and channel type with a voice announcement. This function is convenient for making radio adjustments without having to look at the radio.
OTAP and OAA*
For efficient radio programming, the OTAP (Over-the-Air-Programming) function allows remote change of programming data (for example adding a new repeater) over the radio channel. The OAA (Over-the-Air-Alias) function sends user name over the radio channel and eliminates the need to program the alias table.
* Requires licence key upgrade
DES/AES Encryption with OTAR*
For added digital communication security, the radios provide basic 4-key DES encryption as standard. When used with the optional UT-134 encryption unit the 256-bit AES encryption and OTAR function are available. The OTAR function allows updating of encryption keys over the radio channel.
* Requires licence key upgrade
Transparent Data Modem Facility
The radios can be used as a transparent data modem and can transmit various data at 9600 bps over the radio channel using 12.5 kHz channel spacing.
Licence Key Upgrade
The radios functions and protocols can be upgraded and customised to meet specific needs with various license key options.
USB Port for PC Connection
The radios can be connected to a PC through a USB port for programming and accessing the installed microSD card in mass storage mode.
The Audio equalizer allows you to tailor the audio tone to suit speech characteristics. Five types of tone controls are available (flat, high boost, middle boost, low boost and low cut). The audio auto gain control function controls the speech audio to a constant, regardless of the input magnitudes of the voice or distance of the microphone from the mouth.
Functions and menu items can be shown in local languages including English, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Simplified Chinese fonts. In addition, voice announcements can be recorded and changed for output in these languages.
• 136–174 MHz, 380–470 MHz wide frequency coverage
• 1024 memory channels with 128 zones
• IP55 jet water resistant and dust-protection
• MIL-STD rugged construction
• D-SUB 25-pin ACC connector with programmable functions
• Built-in 20W audio amplifier for connecting with external public address system
• VOX (Voice Operated transmission) function
• Internal clock
• High-speed scanning for voting and multi-site operation
• Tactical group function for temporary
regroup user groups with optional zone copy cable
• Normal, priority and voting scan
• IDAS conventional and multi-site conventional
• Type-D single-site trunking and multi-site trunking*
• 6.25 kHz and 12.5 kHz channel spacing
• Analogue/Digital conventional mixed mode operation
• Text message
• Call alert
• Radio check
• Radio Stun/Revive/Kill
• Remote monitor
* Type-D multi-site trunking is a license key upgrade option.
Analogue FM Mode Features
• 5-tone, CTCSS and DTCS built-in
• DTMF autodial and DTMF decode
• Audio compander
• Inversion voice scrambler